
I took Linc down to the church this morning to do some cleaning and it was so fun to imagine him running around with a little brother. I can't wait! We are NOT dissapointed in the least that we are not having a girl. I have already been asked about 10 times. We are not! How could we be? So many people go into the ultrasound expecting to find out boy or girl and come out knowing that their baby may not make it or it will make it but will have life altering impairments. It would be extremely selfish and terribly cold to be dissapointed because we are having a HEALTHY baby boy. God holds the blueprint for our family and while we can think and dream about what having a girl would be like it doesn't matter because we are having a healthy baby who needs us to be here fully when he arrives, not mentally wishing he was a girl. I guess I have never understood gender dissapointment and I never will. We had no preference going in and are just elated to have a healthy critter on his way. We may have more kids but it won't be because we want a girl. If we get a girl will be just as excited as if we get three more boys. ~Soapbox over.~ I just love knowing what we are getting. It is so funny how nervous and concerned about every little detail I am until I find out if we are having a boy or girl. Then it all seems to subside and I feel like we already have a new member of the family here. I really love finding out the sex of the baby. It feels so much more real for me and I can envision how our family will change a little bit better. So come on down Jedidiah Jerome Wayne Sylvester Harris, we are all waiting!!
Levi and I enjoyed our anniversary a lot! I had a great time at the concert, Levi thought it was a bit loud but it sure did ROCK!! I forgot my camera... again... it would have made for some amazing pictures. I had so much fun dancing around and singing along, I was the only one in our group :0) I am nuts. We all felt SO old. It was a rock style concert and the average age of the crowd couldn't have been more than 15 and here Levi and I and our friends who are all well over the mean. Kids these days wear the weirdest stuff, I swear. We saw guys with the craziest 70s hair and girls wearing fingerless, spandex gloves with neon craziness all over their shirts and super skinny jeans topping off high top converse. I just couldn't kick it in high school today. Neon has never looked good on me:0) Although Levi had a color change shirt in his golden years that would go from purple to pink when he got wet... I guess there were lots of wet T-shirt contests?! Or maybe he just looked cool when he'd sweat? Not sure but he would have been a trend setter for sure :0) After the concert I told Levi that I felt like I had been microwaved or something with all of the vibration from the sound. It was intense. I also told him that I need an electric guitar and a flash light for Christmas. Forget Rodeo Princess, I wanna' be a ROCK STAR!!
4 comments:
Congrats on the boy btw! I couldn't agree with you more on your soapbox! Tate and I WANT another boy next, but either way we would be most happy with a HEALTHY baby!
Sorry bout the fish. Keep trying. Maybe you can put some in the pond. they are better at sastaining in the wild. Just make sure Linc and JJSWH can practice their catch and release techniques on them.
Hey ash dont worry if it comes out of you im sure it will have a proble or two. Just kiding; Im sure it will be very healthy! Im just wondering how two anti-sidekicks will work out in your daily routine. Love you lots hope all is well.
Two anti-kicks equal one arch nemesis?! I'll have my work cut out for me. So long as I can keep Linc from spitting in the fish bowl and newbie from crapping on me, everything will be fiiiinnne :0)
Post a Comment