Sunday, March 1, 2009

A fun filled weekend

For this Harris clan our weekends start on Wednesday afternoon and go through Friday (the life of a police family ;0) but Levi had an extra day so we got a Saturday too. We took advantage of it and took Linc up to the Aquarium in Newport for some fun with the "hisses" as Linc calls them, and the fish didn't disappoint! He had a GREAT time walking around looking at everything and soaking in all the child interaction he was getting :0) He really enjoyed the shark tunnels and all the fish tanks... he kept running back and forth between the floor to ceiling exhibits saying "hiss, mama, papa, eeppaa" and for those of you unfamiliar with this rare dialect that means "fish, mama, papa, air plane". Poor kid kept getting confused by all of the fans and vents blowing around and thought the sound was air planes :0) It must be so strange inside that little head of his; "hmmm, I like these fish... AHHH GET DOWN, THERE ARE AIR PLANES IN HERE!" ... weird :0) He loved seeing all the sea otters and the seals and especially loved the birds seeing as how he IS a wildlife caller extraordinaire. He already has the crow call down thanks to grandpa Bill and the elk courtesy of papa but he now can make a common murre sound which is similar to a goose honk. He will be useful this hunting season! Linc also got to touch the star fish, urchins and anemones and he thought that was hilarious. After our fun trip at the aquarium we headed back to Florence to stay with Levi's parents and to help them with a couple things around there place. Linc decided to catch some nasty cold and so we had to miss the shed antler hike and trip out to the "Linc Tree" but Bill went out with Levi while K and I hung back at the fort with Linc. We brought Bill and K home with us later that evening because.... the grand finale.... K and I went and saw "The King and I" at a local theater here in town while Levi and Bill "monitored" my sick sleeping baby. It was a late night, the play ended at 11:00 but it was awesome. You never know what you're going to get at the local theaters. Levi and I have had some interesting encounters with bar wenches and old men dressed in diapers but K and I had so much fun and what a way to end our great weekend! And there were no men in diapers :0)



P.S. Sorry no pics for a while, I have a couple on my camera but the darn view finder makes me a little nauseous at this point and I didn't take any shots at the aquarium. So just to hold you over until the morning sickness, headache monster leaves me here is one I took from my sister's blog of Linc while we were in New Mexico;



HILARIOUS! This is what he did when she asked him to smile :0) Now THAT is my kid!!

No comments: