Monday, March 16, 2009

25

What is 25?

The Mathematical Approach;

25 is the natural number between 24 and 26.It is a square number, being 5² = 5 × 5.

It is the smallest square that is also a sum of two squares: 25 = 3² + 4². Hence it often appears in demonstrations of the Pythagorean theorem.

25 is a centered octagonal number and an automorphic number.

25 has an aliquot sum of 6 and is the first number to have an aliquot sequence that does not culminate in 0 through a prime. Twenty-five is the aliquot sum of three integers; 95, 119, and 143.

Twenty-five is the second composite member of the 6-aliquot tree.

It is the smallest base 10 Friedman number as it can be expressed by its own numbers: 5².

It is also a Cullen number. 25 is the smallest pseudoprime satisfying the congruence 7n = 7 mod n.

It is also a Somer pseudoprime based on 6.

25 is the smallest aspiring number — a composite non-sociable number whose aliquot sequence does not terminate.

According to the Shapiro inequality 25 is the least odd integer n such that there exist such that
where xn + 1 = x1,xn + 2 = x2.

Within base 10 one can readily test for divisibility by 25 by seeing if the last two digits of the number match 25, 50, 75 or 00.

25 and 49 are the only perfect squares in the following list:
13,25,37,49,511,613,715,817,919,1021,1123,1225,1327,1429...etc

The formula in this list can be described as 10n * Z + (2Z + 1) where n clearly depends on the number of digits in Z and in 2z+1."

Blah, blah blah.....

The Biblical Approach;

In Ezekiel's vision of a new temple: The number twenty-five is of cardinal importance in Ezekiel's Temple Vision (in the Bible, Ezekiel chapters 40-48).

The Random Trivia Approach;

The number of years of marriage marked in a silver wedding anniversary.

The minimum age of candidates for election to the United States House of Representatives.

"Under 25" provides a common cut-off point for designating youth. (AAAHHH!!!)

The number of cents in a quarter.

And 25 is how old I am today! I really love Wikipedia :0) That's where all this info came from. 24 was good to me but it's time has come and gone and 25 has arrived... when does my hair start turning gray and loose track of where it is supposed to grow? That will be the birthday when I "feel it" as for 25 I still have hair and it isn't on my chin or in my ears for now. This year is gonna' be good. I can feel it. It marks four years of marriage, two babies and I can't wait to see what else! Levi got me an industrial food dehydrator that I could probably dehydrate 40 bananas in all at once, it's awesome! I am dehydrating all the bananas I had on the counter right now. He is going to take me out to dinner with Linc somewhere nice but he won't say where. It has been a great day filled with lots of phone calls from people I love. My brother was especially sweet when he called to tell me what my present was that is in the mail. We never can keep presents secret and my 21 year old brother went to Motherhood Maternity to pick me out an outfit, he is a great brother and I had a good giggle envisioning him sifting through the nursing bras and the pants with elastic waist bands. What a guy :0) Thanks for all the Birthday wishes and for making my day extra special!

3 comments:

mclegg17 said...

Happy Happy Birthday Friend~~~~ Hope that you are having a wonderful day!!!

Jessica said...

happy birthday, ash! that last bit about your brother is priceless. I don't know anyone who loves me enough to brave motherhood maternity :)

kit-kat-katie04 said...

Oh my goodness, you've been married four years already???? Man, that went by fast. It's sounds like you had and awesome 25th birthday and I'm sorry I'm a little late for saying this but, "happy birthday". I love you and I'll call you soon, I have some exciting college news!