Early this year we took Lincoln out to one of Levi's favorite hunting spots to plant Linc a tree. Levi's idea was that each year on Lincoln's birthday he could take his boy hunting, sit under Linc's tree and "bond". This event could substituted for a big, excessive, present laden birthday party and would have much more meaning and hopefully would be something that Lincoln will cherish as he gets older. I was very excited to take Lincoln out to visit his tree and to see how it was doing. We headed yesterday evening after Linc's one year well baby check up (I'll catch ya' up on that in a minute) and while our intent was good it was a little late to attempt to find our tree. So we wondered around and finally decided to call it a day and try again later. Today we decided to hit the trail again and after crawling through brush, hiking up and down the grass covered dunes and punching through trees and bushes taller than my head we made it! Yeah!! Linc's plum tree is alive and although I can't say it is especially well, it is alive! Linc had fun playing in the sand and looking at his tree while I snapped away to commemorate his first birthday hunt/tree trip. 
this is his excited face;
His doctors appointment went well. He is growing well, weighs 21 lbs. 8 ozs., is nearly 31 inches tall, and is developmentally at 14 months. The doctor said he looks great and is in perfect health! He is still not walking, really he isn't interested in it. He likes crawling and sees that as the most efficient mode of transportation :0) He'll get there soon enough. He is however, developing some amazing piano skills. Check out the Mozart head banging!!
1 comment:
I love all of these and that video! SOOOOO STINKIN CUTE! I love that first family shot - I can NEVER get those outstretched arm shots to turn out! No fair! :) VERY VERY VERY CUTE. Love them!
Post a Comment