I had another class at the hospital last night. Levi was supposed to go with me but came down with a terrible migraine and had to sleep it off while I went and practiced my funny breathing techniques! I got to know a lovely labor and delivery nurse really well while going through some of the motions they suggest using during labor since I was the only one without a partner :0(. She was great but it was pretty much as far out of my comfort zone as I could have possibly traveled! She gave me a butt massage!!!@! That was VERY unexpected! Aside from the trauma experienced by having a complete stranger rub me down, I came home with plenty of ideas for Levi to use during my actual labor. I was happy I went, it calmed a lot of my nerves (the advice not the massage!) and I will hopefully be able to teach Levi some of the techniques before the big day comes. He was very apologetic that he couldn't make it and said he would do extra homework to find things that he could do during labor to help me out although this morning we went over what happens if he starts puking or passing out... Jeremy, You're up if that happens!! :0)
I have been having contractions, I think... lots of cramping and tightening. It could just be Lincoln tangling up my intestines again, he likes to pinch and spin on them! I only have one month and one week! It has gone by really fast and now I am very excited and anxious to get to the hospital and to come home with a baby. Lincoln is still moving like crazy. I don't think he realizes that he is outgrowing his surroundings, he just keeps moving other things to make himself more space. Well, since something interesting has happened at every class so far next week should be no exception... class title: "Breastfeeding the Best Feeding" ! It should be fun!
Side note: Levi's cousin Susan had her baby last week. She is the third on Levi's side of the family to have a baby this year and there are two more left including myself. His name is Timothy James:
I have been having contractions, I think... lots of cramping and tightening. It could just be Lincoln tangling up my intestines again, he likes to pinch and spin on them! I only have one month and one week! It has gone by really fast and now I am very excited and anxious to get to the hospital and to come home with a baby. Lincoln is still moving like crazy. I don't think he realizes that he is outgrowing his surroundings, he just keeps moving other things to make himself more space. Well, since something interesting has happened at every class so far next week should be no exception... class title: "Breastfeeding the Best Feeding" ! It should be fun!
Side note: Levi's cousin Susan had her baby last week. She is the third on Levi's side of the family to have a baby this year and there are two more left including myself. His name is Timothy James:

On another note, Levi has been hard at work finishing up projects around the house in preparation for Linc. This past week he finished the bridge work for now by adding rustic tree branches for the side rails. He also drained the pond for the first time which was very successful... well, we haven't heard from the neighbors down the hill so we believe it was successful! It is such a beautiful spot and I am so amazed by my husband's skills and talent every time I look at it. The trail, the bridge, the pond; they are just amazing. His next project is... drum roll please... THE NURSERY! He is going to build me a wonderful closet organizer, redo the outlets, install a Cadette heater, new light fixture, and shelving and hang all of my pictures all while saving the world at work! :0)
3 comments:
I'm glad it's gone by so fast for you! It seems like you've been preggo forever! I can't wait for that little man to get here! So excited for you guys!! :) Love ya!
I love the rustic bridge rails! Are you gonna be able to get that list done in a month? Wow! I hope you gave Levi the same massage :-)
Did she make you pant your "hee hee ho"?
I learn a new plus of adoption every day!! No butt massages required! ;0) Seriously, I'm so glad you're enjoying you're classes! Fun stuff.
Love,
Jamie :0)
Post a Comment