Thursday, May 17, 2007

Clam dig




Levi and I went out early this morning with the low tide to dig some razor clams. We did pretty good for an hour of work or so, Levi got 10 and I got 8. Then we went fishing for a little bit. Tami, take a good look we might get to go do some diggin' while you are up here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some big clams. Ok so how do you know where to dig?

Ashley said...

You look for the right shaped hole in the sand... usually it looks like someone stuck a pencil in the ground and you dig to the sea side of the hole then work over to it. I took a pic of a hole to show you!

Ben said...

Careful on publishing this kind of info on the internet. Hate to have the cops bust you for being over limit (5) on razors.

Just a warning.

Rosco P. Cole Benjammin Harrisino

Ashley said...

Thanks for the advice Ben but I think you need to recheck the rule books. Oregon Administrative Rule 635-11-080 states that the maximum limit on Siliqua Patula, commonly the Pacific razor clam, is 15 per licensed clam digger. Thanks for the concern though!! :0) HeHe!